How do you make your bamboo pods last as long as you can? Here are some great tips below:
- Bamboo is a delicate fiber. Keep this in mind when using heat in your washing, or drying cycles and make sure you never go above 140 degrees F.
- Do not use any additives in your wash routine, except Washing Soda, or Baking Soda.
- Detergents can be harmful to Bamboo if they contain harsh chemicals added like oxyclean. Please follow our list of recommended detergents only.
- Your bamboo should last for many years if properly cared for, however, as it's a natural fiber, how long your Bamboo pods specifically will last totally depends on how many diapers are in your stash, your wash routine, how often you wash, if you dry your shells in the dryer, etc. Diapers are not made of steel and they will break down eventually. Just like your favorite t-shirt it will eventually develop holes, and thinning. This does not mean it's inferior, we have thousands of happy customers who adore their bamboo pods and just understand that it has to be cared for a bit more delicately.
- Direct Sunlight is not recommended. It can break down the bamboo fibers. Unless you are sunning stains, and then we only recommend for 10min max in direct sunlight for stain removal.