For a Top Loader:
- Water Level HIGH
- Only add 3/4 washer Full of diapers, too many and they won't get clean
- 1/4 of the recommended amount of Detergent (If the instructions say to use to the 1 line, only go up 1/4 of the way to the 1 line. It's not the detergent that gets your diapers clean, it's the water. If you are washing often enough(every 1-3 days), and not using too much detergent(detergent acts like a magnet to bacteria and can cause leaks or rash), your diapers will never get stinky.
- Wash on WARM or COLD (warm if your detergent has enzymes), with detergent
- Wash a Second time on HOT, with No Detergent
- Dry PODS in dryer on Med, hang dry Shells(for first time, dry Shells in dryer for 20 min or more to seal holes)
For an HE Front Loader:
It's very important to make sure there is enough water in the washing machine. That's usually the problem with HE washers. They don't add as much water as top loaders and therefore don't rinse the diapers as well, and don't get them as clean as top loaders. So you have to trick the washer into adding as much water as possible.
These settings are for the "LG Front Loader". Your washer may vary but this is the best combo we have found :
- Fill wetbags up with cold water before adding to washer(this will saturate your diapers and make them heavier to the sensor making the washer add more water. The more water the better and since you cannot manually adjust for a Frontloader, this is the best solution.)
- Wash twice.
- 1st Load - ADD 1/4 or less(if you have a softener, or soft water please use even less detergent if you are having stink issues) of recommended Detergent - Pem press Cycle - extra rinse- prewash - low spin - heavy soil - COLD(if your detergent contains enzymes you HAVE TO use warm on the 1st cycle, otherwise they won't activate and clean properly)
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of washing soda if you think you might have hard water, (or are already having any stink problems)
- 2nd Load - high spin - heavy soil - Permanent Press - HOT - NO Detergent
- Dry Pods, and hang dry Shells to prolong life